- INFO-H 517 Visualization Design, Analysis, and Evaluation
INFO-H 517 Visualization Design, Analysis, and Evaluation
Prerequisties: Prior programming experience required
This is an introductory course in design and evaluation of interactive visualizations for data analysis. Topics include human visual perception, visualization design, interaction techniques, and evaluation methods. Students develop projects to create their own web-based visualizations and develop competence to undertake independent research in visualization and visual analytics.
- Assess the purpose, benefits, and limitations of visualization as a human-centered data analysis methodology.
- Conceptualize and design effective visualizations for a variety of data types and analytical tasks.
- Implement interactive visualizations using modern web-based frameworks.
- Critically evaluate visualizations using perceptual principles and established design guidelines.
- Conduct independent research on a range of theoretical and applied topics in visualization and visual analytics.