INFO-C 450 System Design
Prerequisites: INFO-C 300
This course introduces the concepts of large-scale system design and development. Topics include the software development life cycle, specification, analysis, design, modeling, use cases, user interface design, planning, estimating, reusability, portability, working in teams, introductory project management, and CASE tools. Student teams will present their final project design.
- Design, implement, test, and debug web-based solutions.
- Use object-oriented modeling to devise a solution to a large-scale problem.
- Perform functional decomposition of a large- scale problem.
- Develop a data model and subsequent design and implementation of a database for a discipline-specific problem (including knowledge of XML and SQL).
- Carry out key tasks of project management as it relates to large information systems projects.
- Identify elements of proper interface design, and ability to build user-centered interfaces.
- Demonstrate proficiency in contemporary technological tools for communication and collaboration.
- Demonstrate proficiency in technological tools for collaboratively designing and coding programs.
- Use oral, written, and visual communications of both qualitative and quantitative information effectively within a team.
- Exhibit skills, behaviors, and attitudes necessary to function as an effective team member.
- Articulate legal and ethical issues when using the creative work of others and respect the intellectual property of others.