INFO-B 544 Professional Practicum in Health Information Management II
Prerequisites: INFO B543 Professional Practicum in Health Information Management I
This course provides professional practice experience. Students complete the project-based practicum under the direction of the assigned site supervisor. The student develops a project and presentation for the site. The student conducts all necessary research and applies project management tools and skills in completing the project.
- Manage the use of clinical data required by various payment and reimbursement systems.
- Apply principles of healthcare finance for revenue management.
- Implement processes for revenue cycle management and reporting.
- Appraise current laws and standards related to health information initiatives.
- Determine processes for compliance with current laws and standards related to health information initiatives and the revenue cycle.
- Construct and maintain processes, policies, and procedures to ensure the accuracy of coded data based on established guidelines.
- Take part in effective negotiating and use influencing skills.
- Discover personal leadership style using contemporary leadership theory and principles.
- Take part in effective communication through project reports, business reports and professional communications.
- Apply personnel management skills.
- Take part in enterprise-wide committees.
- Demonstrate effective team and consensus building.
- Interpret concepts of change management theories, techniques, and leadership.
- Analyze and redesign workflow processes and responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
- Construct performance management measures.
- Graphically depict workflow concepts.
- Create and implement staff orientation and training programs.
- Apply general principles of management in the administration of health information services.
- Promote ethical standards of practice.
- Apply project management techniques to ensure efficient workflow and appropriate outcomes.
- Facilitate project management by integrating work efforts.
- Manage information as a key strategic resource and mission tool.