INFO-B 543 Professional Practicum in Health Information Management I
- Prerequisites: INFO B505 Informatics Project Management, INFO B530 Foundations of Health Informatics
- Delivery: Arranged
- Verify that documentation in the health record supports the diagnosis and reflects the patient’s progress, clinical findings, and discharge status.
- Compile organization-wide health record documentation guidelines.
- Interpret health information standards.
- Format data to satisfy integration needs.
- Advocate information operability and information exchange.
- Analyze information needs of customers across the healthcare continuum.
- Manage clinical indices, databases, and registries.
- Validate data from secondary sources to include in the patient’s record, including personal health records.
- Identify laws and regulations applicable to healthcare.
- Analyze HIM principles in regard to court related matters.
- Analyze privacy, security, and confidentiality policies and procedures for internal and external use and exchange of health information.
- Recommend elements included in the design of audit trails and data quality monitoring programs.
- Identify the security and privacy implications of mobile health technologies.
- Develop and provide educational programs for employees in privacy, security, and confidentiality.
This course provides professional practice experience. Students complete the project-based practicum under the direction of the assigned site supervisor. The student develops a project and presentation for the site. The student conducts all necessary research and applies project management tools and skills in completing the project.
This course is not being offered this semester.
There is not a syllabus available for this course.