- INFO-B 408 Mobile Health Information Systems
INFO-B 408 Mobile Health Information Systems
This course introduces the design, evaluation, and use of mobile devices, such as sensors, smartphones, and wearables, in healthcare settings. Students examine mobile healthcare applications in data collection, supply chain management, point-of-care support, and health information dissemination. Challenges of scalability, sustainability, interoperability, security, and privacy are explored.
- Function as an effective team member, including working cooperatively with diverse group members.
- Initiate, manage, and execute health IT projects.
- Articulate legal and ethical issues when using the creative work of others; respect the intellectual property of others.
- Deploy health IT resources in the context of healthcare.
- Synthesize, analyze, and conceptualize information and ideas from multiple sources and perspectives.
- Use health IT for data collection, storage, analysis, and reporting of information.
- Assess systems capabilities to meet regulatory requirements.
- Develop intranet and Internet applications.
- Create the electronic structure of health data to meet a variety of end-user needs.
- Understand and apply major societal trends affecting the development and deployment of modern day health IT, such as access, privacy, intellectual property, and security.
- Apply fundamental concepts and skills in the development of software architectures and information systems for healthcare.