INFO-B 406 Biomedical Informatics
The course covers the latest biomedical informatics concepts, technologies,
policies, and skills, including infrastructure and data management, image
analytics, visualization, and API design and implementation for healthcare.
Students analyze healthcare and biomedical information, infer outcomes from
data processing and analysis, and master the tools required for biomedical
- Design and develop biomedical research by applying the essential skills of information and knowledge management.
- Compare and contrast the standards for biomedical informatics.
- Summarize and differentiate the specific areas of biomedical informatics, such as bioinformatics, health informatics, clinical informatics, imaging informatics.
- Analyze images using different tools, systems, and packages, such as deconvolution, segmentation and CUDA/GPU programming.
- Create data visualizations using different software systems, such as Tableau, D3.js, and GUI development.
- Analyze clinical data using various programming languages and software, such as Python, PERL, R-language, SQL, SAS, Matlab, JAVA, and XML.
This course is not being offered this semester.
There is not a syllabus available for this course.