HIM-M 462 Healthcare Quality Improvement
- Prerequisites: None
- Delivery: On-Campus, Online
This course identifies quality and performance improvement methods and techniques for healthcare professionals. Students perform quality assessments, organize policy initiatives, develop and assess training programs, and evaluate how healthcare policy-making impacts national and global healthcare delivery systems. Topics include the interpretation of data appropriate to user needs, the effective presentation of information, and maintaining data integrity.
- Apply quality management tools.
- Identify laws and regulations applicable to health care.
- Perform quality assessment including quality management, data quality, and identification of best practices for health information systems.
- Model policy initiatives that influence data integrity.
- Build effective teams.
- Evaluate initial and ongoing training programs.
- Evaluate how health care policymaking directly and indirectly impacts national and global health care delivery systems.
- Identify the different types of organizations, services, and personnel and their interrelationships across the health care delivery system.