HIM-M 420 Health Information Project Management
Prerequisites: PBHL-B 301 (or equivalent statistics course) recommended
Students develop project management skills while evaluating the continuum of care, technologies, and integrated requirements to adhere to health care regulations. Students set goals, analyze systems, and demonstrate mastery of their knowledge and skills in the execution of the project management process to ensure efficient workflows and appropriate outcomes.
- Take part in the development of information management plans that support the organization’s current and future strategy and goals.
- Take part in the planning, design, selection, implementation, integration, testing, evaluation, and support of health information technologies.
- Analyze workflow processes and responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
- Construct performance management measures.
- Demonstrate workflow concepts.
- Take part in system selection processes.
- Apply project management techniques to ensure efficient workflow and appropriate outcomes.
- Facilitate project management by integrating work efforts.
- Evaluate vendor contracts.
- Develop negotiation skills in the process of system selection.
- Manage information as a key strategic resource and mission tool.