HIM-M 400 Health Information Research and Analysis Methods
Prerequisites: Senior class standing
This course introduces methods of research and data analysis for inquiry in health information management. Students develop skills in planning, conducting, reporting, and assessing research and data analysis. These skills are then applied to biomedical data to support health care-related decision-making.
- Apply analytical results to facilitate decision-making in the management of health care information.
- Apply data extraction methodologies to biomedical information.
- Recommend health care organizational action based on knowledge obtained from data exploration and mining.
- Analyze clinical data to identify trends that assess the quality, safety, and effectiveness of health care.
- Analyze statistical data for decision-making.
- Apply principles of clinical and research literature evaluation to improve outcomes.
- Plan adherence to institutional review board (IRB) processes.