HIM-M 370 Health Information Management
- Prerequisites: HIM M108 Introduction to Health Information Management
- Delivery: On-Campus, Online
This course will focus on human resources management in a Health information Department. Work scheduling, work flow, and work design will be discussed. Other issues in managing an HIM department will be addressed such as education and training, establishing productivity standards, developing a budget, and managing contracts.
- Apply personnel management skills.
- Take part in enterprise-wide committees, contributing health information management expertise and oversight.
- Interpret concepts of change management theories, techniques, and leadership.
- Manage human resources to facilitate staff recruitment, retention, and supervision.
- Ensure compliance with employment laws.
- Benchmark staff performance data incorporating labor analytics.
- Evaluate staffing levels and productivity and provide feedback to staff regarding performance.
- Implement a department strategic plan.
- Apply general principles in the administration of health information services.
- Evaluate capital, operating, and project budgets using basic accounting principles.
- Perform cost-benefit analysis for resource planning and allocation.
- Evaluate the stages of the procurement process.