HIM-M 358 CPT Coding
- Prerequisites: HIM M355
- Delivery: On-Campus, Online
The course focuses on current procedural terminology coding and sequence of procedures as they relate to correct coding guidelines. The Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) is covered. Ethical coding guidelines are examined.
- Identify the functions and relationships between health care classification systems.
- Map terminologies, vocabularies, and classification systems.
- Evaluate the accuracy of diagnostic and procedural coding.
- Construct and maintain processes, policies, and procedures to endure the accuracy of coded data based on established guidelines.
- Manage coding audits.
- Comply with ethical standards of practice.