HIM-M 327 Healthcare Information Requirements and Standards II
This course examines health information laws and standards, medical record documentation, compliance, various healthcare settings, and specific secondary databases, such as the cancer registry. Students design a data dictionary and learn about database architectures to meet organizational needs. Healthcare industry information resources are researched and examined extensively.
- Identify the functions and relationships between health care classification systems.
- Interpret health information standards.
- Manage clinical indices, databases, and registries.
- Appraise current laws and standards related to health information initiatives.
- Plan adherence to institutional review board (IRB) processes and policies.
- Demonstrate compliance with internal and external data dictionary requirements.
- Apply knowledge of database architecture and design to meet organizational needs.
This course is not being offered this semester.
There is not a syllabus available for this course.