HIM-M 327 Healthcare Information Requirements and Standards II
- Prerequisites: None
- Delivery: On-Campus, Online
This course examines health information laws and standards, medical record documentation, compliance, various healthcare settings, and specific secondary databases, such as the cancer registry. Students design a data dictionary and learn about database architectures to meet organizational needs. Healthcare industry information resources are researched and examined extensively.
- Identify the functions and relationships between health care classification systems.
- Interpret health information standards.
- Manage clinical indices, databases, and registries.
- Appraise current laws and standards related to health information initiatives.
- Plan adherence to institutional review board (IRB) processes and policies.
- Demonstrate compliance with internal and external data dictionary requirements.
- Apply knowledge of database architecture and design to meet organizational needs.