HIM-M 220 Healthcare Informatics for Decision Support
- Prerequisites: None
- Delivery: On-Campus, Online
This course provides an overview of information technology tools for quantitative and qualitative decision-making in a healthcare environment. Students learn effective methods to analyze infrastructure, interoperability, and decision processes to develop enterprise medical records.
- Apply policies and procedures to ensure the accuracy of health data.
- Identify, validate, and use secondary data sources.
- Apply system security policies according to departmental and organizational data and information standards.
- Explain analytics and decision support.
- Apply data extraction and report generation technologies to facilitate decision-making.
- Analyze clinical data to identify trends that demonstrate quality, safety, and effectiveness of health care.
- Explain usability and accessibility of health information by patients, including current trends and future challenges.
This course is not being offered this semester.