- Obtain “real-life” work experience, in addition to academic classroom experience and knowledge, in order to enhance the opportunity to gain full-time employment after graduation.
- Enhance marketability upon graduation by learning valuable communications skills from various work settings.
- Receive academic credit toward graduation.
- Earn money to help defray the cost of education.
- Develop self-confidence, responsibility, and professional competence.
- Gain networking contacts and exposure to the working world.
- Develop short-term and long-range career goals.
- Integrate work experiences with classroom instruction.
Whether you plan to earn course credit for your internship or not, make sure you complete our internship application. Notifying us of your non-credit internship can help us provide opportunities for future SoIC students.
Health Information Management Majors
HIM-M 443 and HIM-M 444 are not managed by Career Services. If you are looking to register for these courses do not fill out this application and instead email Nicole Van Andel for your next steps at email@example.com.
Health Informatics Students
Please reach out to Dr. Gary Schwebach at firstname.lastname@example.org before completing this application above. Many internships are used for INFO-B 584 practicum which is not managed by Career Services.