Our commitment hasn’t changed
IUPUI and the School of Informatics and Computing are continuing to help students and prospective employers to connect.
Fall 2020 Virtual Career Fair
We’ve joined with IU-Bloomington’s Luddy School of Informatics, Computing, and Engineering to offer employers and SoIC students the opportunity to participate in Luddy’s Fall 2020 Virtual Career Fair, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 10.
Register for the career fair
Step 1: Follow this link to the Fall 2020 Luddy Virtual Career Fair in Handshake.
Step 2: Click the blue box that says “+Join Event” and then “Sign In in Join”.
Step 3: It is very important that you sign-in with your campus email address otherwise you will not be able to register for the career fair. You will be required to create a new password – do not use any of your current IU passwords.
Step 4: Update your Handshake Profile and upload a Resume.
Step 5: Make your profile public – we recommend having the privacy set to either Community or Employer so that employers can proactively connect with you.
What will the virtual career fair look like?
We have focused on continuing the spirit of the career fair while transitioning to an entirely virtual platform. Instead of attending a career fair and standing in line to meet an employer, a virtual fair will be a series of pre-scheduled meetings called sessions. Here is an overview of the virtual career fair experience in Handshake:
- Never wait in line, ever. Pre-schedule 1:1 or group sessions with employers ahead of the fair.
- 1:1 and group sessions with employers. Interact with recruiters through video, audio, or chat.
- Discover personalized career opportunities. Get employer recommendations based on your Handshake profile.
- Impress. Bring your unique perspective to the table, ask great questions, and follow up with recruiters after the fair.
Getting ready for the virtual career fair
- Check out the attending employer list and schedule sessions with the companies you want to meet.
- Update your resume and upload to Handshake.
- Update your Handshake profile and set your profile visibility to “Employer” or “Community” so employers attend the fair can view your profile.
- Check your Handshake notification preferences.
- Double check your tech:
- You’ll need an internet connection, speakers, a microphone, and a supported device.
- Twilio is the video provider for this virtual career fair – complete a network test for internet, audio, visual, etc: https://networktest.twilio.com/.
- Chrome or Firefox are theTwilio supported browsers.
- Learn more about technical requirements for virtual fairs here.
Employers: Connect with SoIC students
If you’re seeking tech-savvy new hires who can hit the ground running, you want to make contact with our students.
Through its Career Services office, the IU School of Informatics and Computing at IUPUI offers in-person and virtual Information Session opportunities for prospective employers to connect with students. Want to schedule a session, or learn more? Contact Pat Rhodes, associate director of Career Services.
A world of possibilities
The IU School of Informatics and Computing at IUPUI regularly holds Career Fairs to bring students and prospective employers together.
Employers who attended our February 2020 Career Fair included:
BioLife Plasma Services
Easter Seals Crossroads
Educate Me Foundation
Federal Home Loan Bank of Indianapolis (FHLBI)
Graduate Degrees at SOIC
Harmony Healthcare IT
Indiana University Health
Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis
Memorial Hospital and Health Care Center
Myers and Stauffer LC
Six Feet Up, Inc.
Tata Consultancy Services
TourDesign Creative/Live Nation
United States Air Force (USAF)
University Information Technology Services
Attending our SoIC Career Fair gives you the opportunity to connect with interested employers. Find out what you need to know.
Still have questions? Contact Pat Rhodes, associate director of Career Services.