Department of BioHealth Informatics
Solving today’s health challenges
The Department of BioHealth Informatics draws on expertise from disciplines such as biology, mathematics, and medicine to enhance our understanding of life sciences and advance health care.
Our faculty, students, and alumni solve critical health issues through inventive applications of information technology and computing by:
- Making agricultural discoveries through biological data analysis.
- Giving more people access to doctors through better clinical data.
- Developing technologies and devices that revolutionize patient care.
Informatics is the key to solving our biggest health challenges. Our undergraduate degree, graduate degree, and certificate programs prepare you for in-demand careers in fields that include health information management, medical coding, and bioinformatics.
Earn your B.S. in Health Information Management, B.S. in Biomedical Informatics, or your Certificate in Medical Coding.
Faculty and research
Our world-class researchers are advancing health care and life sciences through pioneering research—and preparing our students for tomorrow’s opportunities.
Join our faculty
We invite you to become a member of our expert faculty.
Learn about our research labs
- Two School of Informatics and Computing researchers receive prestigious NSF CAREER grants
April 10, 2020
- New, real-time COVID-19 diagnostic tests in development by IU research collaboration
March 16, 2020
- IUPUI researcher develops new technologies and methods for mapping RNA
January 28, 2020
Our researchers work with and mentor students on a nationally funded project that models electronic health record data to optimize clinic scheduling and improve access to care for Indiana patients.