Department of BioHealth Informatics
Solving today’s health challenges
The Department of BioHealth Informatics draws on expertise from disciplines such as biology, mathematics, and medicine to enhance our understanding of life sciences and advance health care.
Our faculty, students, and alumni solve critical health issues through inventive applications of information technology and computing by:
- Making agricultural discoveries through biological data analysis.
- Giving more people access to doctors through better clinical data.
- Developing technologies and devices that revolutionize patient care.
Informatics is the key to solving our biggest health challenges. Our undergraduate degree, graduate degree, and certificate programs prepare you for in-demand careers in fields that include health information management, medical coding, and bioinformatics.
Earn your B.S. in Health Information Management, B.S. in Biomedical Informatics, or your Certificate in Medical Coding.
Faculty and research
Our world-class researchers are advancing health care and life sciences through pioneering research—and preparing our students for tomorrow’s opportunities.
Learn about our research labs
- Fall 2021 Capstone adds new dimension to Senior Showcase
January 20, 2022
- Senior Sheila Hendricks takes the human side of HIM into the boxing ring
January 17, 2022
- BioHealth Informatics participants explore evolving health information challenges
May 10, 2021
Our researchers work with and mentor students on a nationally funded project that models electronic health record data to optimize clinic scheduling and improve access to care for Indiana patients.