Change or Declare Your Major
If you are an IUPUI student and would like to pursue one of our degrees, please schedule an appointment to speak with one of our advisors who can help evaluate your situation and guide you through the process.
If you are a student who has applied to IUPUI and would like to change the major listed on your application to one offered by us, you can update your application using your student ID number.
Certify into the School of Informatics and Computing from University College
To certify into the School of Informatics and Computing from University College, you will need to have achieved the following:
- 2.5 GPA
- 12 credits of completed coursework
- A grade of C- or higher in:
- LIS-S 201 for Applied Data and Information Science majors (both specializations)
- AIS 10000 for Artificial Intelligence majors
- INFO-I 201 for Biomedical Informatics (all specializations)
- HIM-M 108 for Health Information Management majors
- INFO-I 101 for Informatics majors
- NEWM-N 100 for Media Arts and Science majors
Make sure your major is listed as pre-Applied Data and Information Science, pre-Biomedical Informatics, pre-Health Information Management, pre-Informatics, or pre-Media Arts and Sciences with your University College advisor.
You will automatically be reviewed each semester after final grades post.
If you meet the eligibility requirements, your academic advisor in the School of Informatics and Computing will be email you regarding your acceptance into the school.