LiFT Scholars Program Requirements and Application
In order to apply, each student must:
- Be a current graduating high school senior at the time of application.
- Be a first-time undergraduate student accepted at the School of Informatics and Computing at IUPUI or Ivy Tech Community College on the Indianapolis campus.
- Plan to be enrolled full-time (a minimum of 12 credit hours each semester) in college-level coursework.
- Pursue the bachelor’s degree in Informatics at the School of Informatics and Computing at IUPUI or any associate degree in the School of Computing and Informatics at Ivy Tech.
- Plan to pursue a career in informatics.
- Be a U.S citizen or eligible noncitizen.
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Demonstrate financial need as defined for undergraduate students by the U.S. Department of Education’s criteria for need-based federal financial aid.
In order to receive and maintain their awarded scholarships, LiFT Scholars will sign a Scholars Commitment, agreeing to the program’s requirements.
LiFT Scholars are expected to:
- Be enrolled full-time (minimum of 12 credit hours each semester) in college-level coursework.
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) as defined by your institution.
- Pursue a bachelor’s degree in informatics at the School of Informatics and Computing at IUPUI or pursue an associate’s degree within the School of Computing and Informatics at Ivy Tech in Indianapolis.
- Foster a sense of community among LiFT Scholar peers.
- Conduct themselves in the manner of a scholar. Behavior violating campus codes of conduct is prohibited.
- Attend two check-in meetings with the LiFT Scholars program manager each semester.
- Attend and participate in co-curricular activities for the LiFT Scholars program (e.g., community meetings, workshops, industry visits)
- Complete evaluation of all LiFT Scholar program activities.
Living on the IUPUI campus
IUPUI LiFT Scholars will also have the opportunity to live on campus during their four years at IUPUI with other LiFT Scholars in an on-campus student housing community. Ivy Tech students who transfer to IUPUI will also have the opportunity to live on campus in this community.
How to Apply
We are currently accepting applications for Ivy Tech LiFT Scholars for Fall 2017. We are no longer accepting LIFT Scholars Program applications for the 2017-2018 school year for IUPUI. Please check back soon for updates regarding the LiFT Scholars Program application process for Fall 2018.
LiFT Scholars program application
The application can be completed online or it can be downloaded and submitted via email or postal mail to:
Molly Morin, Program Manager
Informatics and Communications Technology Complex (IT), Room 475K
535 W. Michigan Street
Indianapolis, IN 46202
Please be as detailed as possible in your responses.
Letter of recommendation
Submit one letter of recommendation from a high school teacher or counselor. Select the person who can write the strongest letter of support for you. Refer your letter of recommendation writer to the Letter of Recommendation Form.
Completed recommendation forms and letters of recommendation can be sent to email@example.com.
Completed applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Applicants may then be contacted to schedule an interview with members of the LiFT Scholars Selection Committee.