Media Arts and Science Specialization
The Media Arts and Science specialization requires 15 credit hours. You must receive a grade of C or better in each course. Please choose from one of the areas below:
Game Design and Development
Become a future game-maker with coursework in storytelling, programming, character animation and game design/development.
- N230 Intro to Game Design
- N330 Intermediate Game Design
- N431 Game On! A History of Video Games
- N485 Serious Games
- N430 Advanced Game Design and Development
Web Design and Development
Set your sights on mastering the web as you learn web development.
- N115 Introduction to Multi-Device Web Development
- N102 Digital Media Imagery
- N215 Intermediate Multi-Device Web Development
- N315 Advanced Multi-Device Web Development
- N413 Advanced Web Application Development
Develop your writing, illustration and narrative skills with courses on design, scriptwriting, storyboarding, animation and more.
- N202 Digital Storytelling
- N260 Scriptwriting
- N261 Storyboarding for Multimedia
- And one of these sequences:
3D Graphics and Animation
Bring your imagination to life using computer-generated imagery (CGI) in movies, games, advertising, scientific illustration and more. Course topics include special effects and 3D modeling, animation and production.
- N243 Introduction to 3D
- N342 3D Animation
- N343 Hard Surface 3D Modeling
- N441 3D Production
- And one of the following:
Sound Design and Video Production
Sound is an important addition to any story, film, animation, game, etc. Learn the latest in sound engineering, composition and design.
Explore your inner filmmaker through experiential learning using industry-standard equipment, advanced editing software, lighting techniques and digital effects. Work on videos in multiple genres, including interviews, dramas, documentaries and field productions.
- N253 Introduction to Digital Video
- N353 Intermediate Digital Video
- N453 Advanced Digital Video
- And two of the following: