Media Arts and Science Specialization
The Media Arts and Science specialization requires 15 credit hours. You must receive a grade of C or better in each course. Please choose from one of the areas below:
Web Design and Development
Set your sights on mastering the web as you learn web development.
- NEWM N115 Introduction to Multi-Device Web Development
- NEWM N215 Intermediate Multi-Device Web Development
- NEWM N220 Introduction to Media Application Development
Select two of the following:
- NEWM N102 Digital Media Imagery
- NEWM N285 Interactive Design
- NEWM N315 Advanced Multi-Device Web Development
- NEWM N320 Intermediate Media Application Development (formerly N222)
- NEWM N322 Dynamic Data Applications
- NEWM N413 Advanced Web Application Development
- NEWM N416 Online Video Presentation
- NEWM N423 Database Development for Mobile Applications
- NEWM N450 Usability Principles for New Media Interfaces
Develop your writing, illustration and narrative skills with courses on design, scriptwriting, storyboarding, animation and more.
- NEWM N202 Digital Storytelling
- NEWM N260 Scriptwriting
- NEWM N261 Storyboarding for Multimedia
- And one of these sequences:
Sound Design and Video Production
Sound is an important addition to any story, film, animation, game, etc. Learn the latest in sound engineering, composition and design.
Explore your inner filmmaker through experiential learning using industry-standard equipment, advanced editing software, lighting techniques and digital effects. Work on videos in multiple genres, including interviews, dramas, documentaries and field productions.