Rachel Applegate, Ph.D.
- Associate Professor, Library and Information Science
rapplegaiupui [dot] edu
- Ph.D., University of Wisconsin - Madison, 1995
- Reference librarian, Director of the Library, and Associate Professor, College of St. Scholastica, Duluth, Minnesota
- IUPUI campus: IFC Executive Committee; University Faculty Council
- American Library Association: Library Support Staff Certification Project
- Glenn W. Irwin Experiencing Excellence Service Award, 2010 IUPUI
- Institute for Library and Museum Services, “Shaping Outcomes Continuing Education,” 2007-2010
- Indiana University SBC [AT&T] Implementing Innovation, “Outcomes Evaluation of IUPUI University Library Information Commons.”
- Autism in Young Adult Novels, Marilyn Irwin, Annette Goldsmith, 2015 (Neal Schumann)
- Practical Evaluation Techniques for Librarians, 2014 (Libraries Unlimited)
- Managing the Small College Library, 2010 (Libraries Unlimited)
- Clarifying Jurisdiction in the Library Workforce, Library Trends, 2010
- Job Ads, Jobs and Researchers, LISR 2010
- Who Benefits? Unionization and Academic Libraries and Librarians. Library Quarterly, 2009.
- Whose Decline? Which Academic Libraries are ‘Deserted’ in Terms of Reference Transactions? Reference and User Services Quarterly, 2008
- The Library is for Studying: Student Preferences for Study Space, Journal of Academic Librarianship, 2009
- With David Lewis. Renewing the Tech-Forward Library. Our New Public: A Changing Clientele, Libraries Unlimited, 2008.
- “Gender Differences in Patrons of a Public Library.” Public Library Quarterly (in press).
- With Gibbs, Paulette, Catherine Cowser, and Jill Scarbrough. “Public Library Trustees: Characteristics and Educational Preferences: A Research Study.” Public Library Quarterly 26.1/2(2007):21-43.
- Student Learning Outcomes Assessment and LIS Program Presentations. Journal of Education for Library and Information Science 47.4(2006):324-336.
- “Charting Academic Library Staffing: Data from National Surveys.” College & Research Libraries 68.1 (2007): 59-68.
- Faculty Information Assignments: A Longitudinal Examination of Variations in Survey Results. Journal of Academic Librarianship 32.4(July 2006):355-363.
- “Deconstructing Faculty Status: Research and Assumptions.” Journal of Academic Librarianship 19(3, July 1993):158-64.
- “Models of User Satisfaction: Understanding False Positives.” RQ 32(4, Summer 1993):525-39.
- At ILF conferences: presentations on survey construction and analysis.
- “Build It and What? Measuring the Implementation and Outcomes of an Information Commons.” Sailing into the Future: Charting Our Destiny. Association of College and Research Libraries, 2007.
- With Schilling, Katherine. “Evaluating Library Instruction: Measures for Assessing Educational Quality and Impact.” Sailing into the Future: Charting Our Destiny. ACRL, 2007.
- Evaluating a Learning Environment: A Multi-Method Evaluation of an Academic Commons. Presentation, Association for Institutional Research, 46th Annual Forum, May 14-18, 2006.
- S505 – Evaluation of Resources and Services
- S533 – Online Searching
- S552 – Academic Library Management
Library evaluation, academic librarianship, academic outcomes assessment.