Louie Zhu, Ph.D.
- Lecturer, Informatics
louiezhuiupui [dot] edu
- Ph.D. Food Chemistry, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, IL
- M.S. Computer Science, University of Illinois, Springfield, IL
- B.S. Horticulture, Nanjing Agricultural University, China
Louie Zhu currently teaches several core courses in the Informatics Bachelor of Science program. He regularly teaches INFO I201, INFO I210, and INFO I211. Before joining IUPUI in 2009, Louie was an Associate Professor at Vincennes University, Indiana, teaching information technology courses.
- Back-end Web development: PHP, ASP.NET, and JSP
- Front-end Web development
- Relational and non-relational database design and management
- Service-oriented architecture (SOA)
- Web services and cloud computing
Recent presentations on college teaching and learning:
- Sara Hook and Liugen Zhu (2016): Impact of SoTL on Online and Face-to-Face Courses. Presented at The Seventeen Annual Midwest Conference on the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, Indiana University South Bend. April 1, 2016.
- Liugen Zhu, Joseph Defazio, Edgar Huang, and Sara Hook (2015): The Impact of Attendance and Participation on Undergraduate Student Performance in Face-to-Face and Online Courses. Presented at the 35th Annual International Lilly Conference on College Teaching. Oxford, OH. November 19-22, 2015.
- Sara Hook and Liugen Zhu (2015): A Carrot or a Stick: Enhancing Student Motivation through Accountability in Online and Face-to-Face Courses. Presented at The Sixteen Annual Midwest Conference on the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, Indiana University South Bend. April 10, 2015.
- Liugen Zhu and Sara Hook (2014): Looking Out and Looking In: Promoting Academic Success through Peer Review and Self-Reflection in Online and Face-to-Face Courses. Presented at the 34th Annual Lilly International Conference on College Teaching. Oxford, OH. November 20, 2014.
- Sara Hook and Liugen Zhu (2014): Using Technology to Provide Multimodal Learning Opportunities and Enhance Student Engagement in Face-to-Face and Online Courses. Presented at the Association for Authentic, Experiential and Evidence-Based Learning (AAEEBL) 5th Annual Conference, Boston, MA. July 30, 2014.
- Liugen Zhu and Edgar Huang (2014): Pedagogical Approaches to Promoting Active Student Learning in Information Technology Courses. Presented at The Fifteen Annual Midwest Conference on the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, Indiana University South Bend. April 11, 2014.
- Liugen Zhu and Sara Hook (2014): GREAT Expectations: Promoting Active and Collaborative Learning in Online and Face-to-Face Courses. Presented at 2014 E.C. Moore Symposium, IUPUI. April 4, 2014.
- September 23, 2015
SoIC recognizes faculty for outstanding service and achievement