Ayoung Yoon, Ph.D.
- Assistant Professor, Library and Information Science
ayyooniupui [dot] edu
- Ph.D. in Information Science, School of Information and Library Science, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (2015)
Dissertation: Data Reuse and Users’ Trust Judgments: Toward Trusted Data Curation
- Master of Science in Information, School of Information, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI (2010)
Specialization: Archives and Record Management & Preservation of Information.
- Bachelor of Art in History, Ewha Womans University, Seoul, Korea (2006)
Ayoung Yoon is an Assistant Professor at Indiana University School of Informatics and Computing (IUPUI), Department of Library and Information Science. She is also a RDA/US data share fellow for 2016-2017. She holds a Ph.D. from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and M.S.I. from the University of Michigan.
Her research areas include data curation, digital preservation, and data sharing/reuse. She is particularly interested in constructing effective cyberinfrastructure for data sharing and reuse through proper curation and preservation practices. Currently she is conducting several research projects focusing on communities’ needs of data sharing, reuse, and curation.
- Yoon, A. & Kim, Y. (2017). Social scientists’ data reuse behaviors: Exploring the roles of attitudinal beliefs, attitudes, norms, and data repositories. Library and Information Science Research, 39(3), 224–233. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lisr.2017.07.008
- Yoon, A. & Schultz, T. (2017). Research data management services in academic libraries in the US: A content analysis of libraries' websites. College & Research Libraries.
- Yoon, A. (2016). Data reusers’ trust development. Journal of Association for Information Science and Technology (JASIST). Online early view: doi: 10.1002/asi.23730
- Mannheimer, A., Yoon, A., Greenberg, J., Feinstein, E., & Scherle, R. (Aug 2014). A Balancing Act: The Ideal and the Realistic in Developing Dryad’s Preservation Policy. First Monday 19(8). doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.5210/fm.v19i8.5415
- Yoon, A. (2014). End-users’ trust in data repositories: Definition and influences on trust development. Archival Science, 14(1). 17-34. doi: 10.1007/s10502-013-9207-8
- Yakel, E., Faniel, I., Kriesberg, A., & Yoon, A. (2013). Trust in digital repositories. International Journal of Digital Curation, 8(1), 143-156. doi:10.2218/ijdc.v8i1.251
For a full list of conference papers, presentations, and posters, please refer to my CV. Some selected include:
- Copeland, A., Yoon, A., & Tandy, K. (2017). From preservation to re-creation of at-risk cultural heritage. Society of Indiana Archivists Annual Meeting. March 2017. Muncie, IN.
- Yoon, A., Copeland, A., & Spotts, L. (2017). Data curation for community science project: CHIME pilot study. 12th International Digital Curation Conference (IDCC). Edinburgh, UK.
- Yoon, A. (2016). Red flags in data: Learning from failed data reuse experiences. Proceedings of Association for Information Science and Technology (ASIS&T) Annual Meeting. Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Yoon, A. (2016). Data sharing and reuse for community development. Research Data Alliance (RDA) 8th Plenary Meeting. Denver, CO.
- Yoon, A. (2016). Integrating data reuser-defined trust attributes to data curation. IASSIST 2016. Bergen, Norway.
- Yoon, A. (2016). Visible Evidence of Invisible Quality Dimensions and the Role of Data Management. Proceedings of iConference 2016. Philadelphia, PA.