Ayoung Yoon, Ph.D.
- Assistant Professor, Library and Information Science
ayyooniupui [dot] edu
- Ph.D. in Information Science, School of Information and Library Science, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (2015)
Dissertation: Data Reuse and Users’ Trust Judgments: Toward Trusted Data Curation
- Master of Science in Information, School of Information, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI (2010)
Specialization: Archives and Record Management & Preservation of Information.
- Bachelor of Art in History, Ewha Womans University, Seoul, Korea (2006)
Ayoung Yoon is an Assistant Professor at Indiana University School of Informatics and Computing (IUPUI), Department of Library and Information Science. Her research interests include data sharing and reuse, data
curation, users’ trust in data, and personal digital archiving. She previously worked on a multiple IMLS funded projects as a research assistant at University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and University of Michigan, Ann Arbor.
- Mannheimer, A., Yoon, A., Greenberg, J., Feinstein, E., & Scherle, R. (Aug 2014). A Balancing Act: The Ideal and the Realistic in Developing Dryad’s Preservation Policy. First Monday 19(8). doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.5210/fm.v19i8.5415
- Yoon, A. (2014). End-users’ trust in data repositories: Definition and influences on trust development. Archival Science, 14(1). 17-34. doi: 10.1007/s10502-013-9207-8
- Yakel, E., Faniel, I., Kriesberg, A., & Yoon, A. (2013). Trust in digital repositories. International Journal of Digital Curation, 8(1), 143-156. doi:10.2218/ijdc.v8i1.251
- Yoon, A. (2013). Defining What Matters When Preserving Web-Based Personal Digital Collections: Listening to Bloggers. International Journal of Digital Curation, 8(1), 173-192. doi:10.2218/ijdc.v8i1.240
- Yoon, A., & Tibbo, H. R. (Winter 2011). Examination of data deposit practices in repositories with the OAIS Model: Social science context. IASSIST Quarterly, 35(4):6-13
For a full list of conference papers, presentations, and posters, please refer to my CV. Some selected include:
- Yoon, A. (2014). Making square fit into a circle: Reusing qualitative data. Proceedings of Association for Information Science and Technology (ASIS&T) Annual Meeting. Seattle, WA.
- Mannheimer, S. & Yoon, A. (2013). Developing Preservation Policy for Dryad Digital Repository. SIG-DL Digital Liaisons Panel, ASIS&T Annual Meeting, Montreal, CA. (Awarded Best Poster).
- Yakel, E., Faniel, I., Kriesberg, A., & Yoon, A. (2013, January). Trust in Digital Repositories. 8th International Digital Curation Conference (IDCC). Amsterdam, Netherlands. (Awarded Best Conference Paper).
- Kim, S. & Yoon, A. (2012). Do I Trust Google? An exploration of how people form trust in cloud computing. Proceedings of the American Society for Information Science and Technology (ASIS&T) Annual Meeting. Baltimore, MD.
- Yoon, A., Punzalan, R., Cushing, A. (2010). Economic impact of archives in local communities. Society of American Archivists (SAA) Annual Meeting, Washington, DC.
- February 10, 2017
Grant supports four faculty in preserving church’s 180-year heritage