Health Information Security Graduate Certificate
This program provides comprehensive knowledge and skill in health information security program development and administration, including policy, procedures, architectures, risk assessment, disaster recovery and business continuity for both health care and public health organizations. Program graduates will be prepared to take on the roles like:
- Information Security Officer
- Health Information Privacy and Security Specialist
- Chief Healthcare and Information Privacy and Security Officers (CISO),
Successful applicants will possess a bachelors or masters degree who are seeking professional education in health IT.
This 18 credit hour program includes six courses and mentored practicum.
- INFO B535 Clinical Information Systems
- INFO B581 Health Informatics Standards and Terminology
- INFO B583 Security and Privacy Policies and Regulations for Health Care
- INFO I590 Topics in Informatics
The mentored practicum allows students to integrate classroom training with real-world experiences. Depending upon the venue chosen, this practical experience may include:
- Working alongside faculty/staff from the Indiana School of Medicine and Regenstrief in electronic health care systems
- Developing and integrating security and privacy policies into real health care systems
- Participating in privacy/security projects that involve the Marion County Public Health Department
- Involvement in one of many funded research groups with projects in-progress across the broad spectrum of clinical, public health and health informatics